For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime ( juice of)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the Kebabs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces light smoked sausage or 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush grill rack with oil.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, lime peel, onion powder, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne in a bowl. mix well and set aside half of the mixture.
- Thread chicken, sausage, and pepper onto skewers.
- Grill skewers, covered, over direct heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Turn skewers and brush with glaze every 2 minutes during grilling, using all but the reservd glaze. Brush with reserved glaze just before serving.
- Enjoy :).