What you’ll need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock**
- 1 1/4 cup (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained**
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
In a large soup pot cook onion and garlic till soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook till chicken is cooked through (about 20-30 mins). Remove and shred chicken. Return shredded chicken to soup. Serve hot with garnishes!
For a Slow Cooker:
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve!
**NOTE: You may need a cup of additional water at the end if to thick or salty.
**NOTE: Kidney and pinto work well too
TIP: You can also refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.