- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 can (35 oz) Italian peeled tomatoes undrained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 can (15 ¼ oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ¼ oz) pinto beans, drained
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- Accompaniments: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion
Cook ground beef with onion and garlic, drain. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomatoes with juice, water and simmer 1 ½ hours. Stir in beans, sugar and salt. Enjoy!
**This one makes a lot, you can always freeze some for another time.
**Can serve with noodles or corn bread.