What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. ground beef- Browned and drained
- 3 cups (28oz jar)- stir into meat and simmer 10 min.
- 1 pkg. Lasagna noodles- cooked and drained
Mix together in bowl:
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella chees
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Heat oven to 350. Spread 1/3 cup meat sauce on bottom of a 9×13 pan. Place 4 over lapping noodles over sauce. Dot a ¼ of cheese mixture over pasta. Spread ¾ cup sauce over cheese. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining sauce and extra mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil and Bake 45 min or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 min. more until browned. Let stand 10 min.
If making ahead:
Prepare as directed but don’t bake. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze. Bake 350 for 1 hour. For a frozen lasagna, bake at 350 for about 2 hours.