What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 2 cans Coke (NOT diet)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (used Old El Paso)
- 1 c. brown sugar
Put the pork in a resealable bag to marinate, pour in one of the cans of Coke and 1/2 c. brown sugar. Marinate for a few hours or overnight.
Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of Coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours.
Remove pork from crock pot, drain off liquid, shred pork.
Mix together (in a bowl or in the blender) other 1/2 can of Coke, can of chiles, enchilada sauce and brown sugar.
Put shredded pork back in the crock pot, cover with sauce, heat just until warmed through.
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. milk
- 2-3 tomatillos, remove husk, cut in 1/2
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (cut off most of stems)
- 1 generous tsp of minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime (I use two!)
- 1 jalapeno (remove the seeds or leave them in if you like it SPICY!)
Throw it all in the blender and BLEND! Refrigerate.