- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
Cook in a heavy pan until exactly 240 degrees or soft-ball stage. Pour into a buttered 9×13 baking dish. Let cool and put into squares. Wrap in wax paper cut to size or candy wrappers.
- 2 cups (6 oz) coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- 2 cups (4 oz) mini marshmallows
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 6 oz strawberry or raspberry jello
- 12 oz frozen strawberries or raspberries, thawed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine pretzels, sugar, and butter in a 9×13 dish and press down. Bake it for 15 minutes and then let cool.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Then fold in cool whip and marshmallows. Spread into the bottom of the 9×13.
In a bowl, combine the boiling water and jello. Stir until dissolved, then add the berries. Let cool and then pour mixture on top of 9×13. Refrigerate until firm.
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (or more) Torani vanilla syrup
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 3/4 cup oil
- greens of your choice, spring mix is a good choice
- blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and/or pears
- caramelized almonds and/or pecans
- goat cheese
Mix all dressing ingredients together except the oil in a blender. Let the blender run and drizzle in the oil. Pour dressing into a jar and add the scraped vanilla bean husk into the jar. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Assemble salad with portions according to your liking. Pour on dressing, discarding the scraped vanilla bean husk, toss and serve.
1/2 c butter (1 stick)
3 cans of diced green chili
1 cream cheese package
2 cans of corn
salt & pepper
Sauté the butter and green chili. Add the cream cheese and stir till creamy. Next, drain the 2 cans of corn and add them to the creamy mixture. Finally, add the garlic salt, pepper, and salt to taste! LAST…EAT IT ALL UP! Yummy in my tummy!
3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
1/4 c molasses
2 c flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt, cloves, and ginger
Mix Thoroughly. Roll into tsp size ball and then roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350′ for 8-10 minutes for a soft cookie. For a little more crunchier cookie-cook for 1-3 minutes longer- just don’t burn them!
Enjoy! Doesn’t last long! (Jan Leach doubles this recipe & it still doesn’t last long- but it helps!)
What you’ll need:
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 T sugar
- 3/4 T cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Whipped cream to garnish
Place first five ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together. Add 1/4 c milk and the vanilla to pan, whisk to til smooth. Add remaining milk, whick in well. Place the saucepan on medium heat and whisk constantly for about 3-4 minutes or until mixture starts to boil and thicken. Remove from heat and pour into two mugs. Top with whipped cream.
What you need
- 4 tablespoon oil (enough to coat hot pan)
- 2 1/2 lbs pork cubed
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- 2 cans (15 oz) coconut milk
- 8-10 jalapenos sliced (as much as spice as you like)
- Green beans
Cook onion, garlic, ginger in oil till soft. Add meat and cook till no longer pink. Add water and bullion cubes, then boil until water is almost gone. Add coconut milk and jalapenos, then boil until liquid is reduced by half.
Serve with cooked rice and green beans.
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
2 teaspoons dill
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 package active-dry yeast
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup 120-130F water
1 cup cottage cheese
Combine 1/4 cup flour, sugar, salt, onion, dill, baking soda, yeast and butter. Add hot water and mix for 2 minutes on medium. Add cheese, egg, and 1/2 cup flour. Mix for another 2 minutes. Add the rest of the flour and mix until combined. Cover and let rise for about 60-75 minutes. Stir down and dump into a greased 1.5 quart casserole dish. Cover and let rise again for about 50 minutes. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
3. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime ( juice of)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the Kebabs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces light smoked sausage or 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush grill rack with oil.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, lime peel, onion powder, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne in a bowl. mix well and set aside half of the mixture.
- Thread chicken, sausage, and pepper onto skewers.
- Grill skewers, covered, over direct heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Turn skewers and brush with glaze every 2 minutes during grilling, using all but the reservd glaze. Brush with reserved glaze just before serving.
- Enjoy :).